Skip to content
April 30, 2009 / WRAG

Giving grantees an earlier decision?

By Tamara Lucas Copeland

Here’s a note I just received from Mary Hallisy of WG member Cafritz Charitable Trust:

Is there anything foundations can do to offset the uncertainty facing nonprofits for the next 12-18 months by saying as early as possible if they know they can’t fund their regular core grantees this fall or next spring? Or if it will be less? Or whatever? [A nonprofit president] expressed his anxiety over the uncertainty about how to plan and budget (he’s already got 3 budget versions). I know we can’t all predict next year but some might know more now about fall funding… Just thought the question was worth some thought. Mary H

Thoughts? (From either side of the funding equation?)

%d bloggers like this: