Friday roundup – December 7 through December 11, 2015
THIS WEEK IN THE REGION/ECONOMY
– Elected leaders from D.C., Maryland, and Virginia recently gathered and showed that they’re starting to think more regionally. (WaPo, 12/8)
THIS WEEK IN HEALTH
– In Maryland, hundreds of children are still being poisoned by lead paint each year, despite a public pledge to end poisoning by 2010. (WaPo, 12/8)
– When marketing healthy eating campaigns in rural communities, there are often a number of unique challenges that can arise. (City Lab, 12/9)
THIS WEEK IN HOUSING
– Why it’s so hard to afford a rental even if you make a decent salary (WaPo, 12/9)
THIS WEEK IN EDUCATION
– The Senate approved new education legislation known as the Every Student Succeeds Act that ends No Child Left Behind and gives states and local school districts more power over assessing the quality of their schools. (WaPo, 12/9)
WRAG’S COMMUNITY CALENDAR
Click the image below to access WRAG’S Community Calendar. To have your event included, please send basic information including event title, date/time, location, a brief description of the event, and a link for further details to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calendar won’t display? Click here.
Who says you can’t workout at work?