Friday roundup – February 8 through 12, 2016
The Daily WRAG will return on Tuesday, February 16.
THIS WEEK AT WRAG
– WRAG president Tamara Lucas Copeland shared why WRAG is pursuing a culture of evaluation and will use your feedback to continue providing quality programming that enhances philanthropy and improves the region. (Daily, 2/11)
THIS WEEK IN PHILANTHROPY | Opinion: It’s Not Foundation Money, But Culture and Talent That Can Change The World (Chronicle, 2/10)
THIS WEEK IN EDUCATION
– Officials of D.C. Public Schools announced an overhaul of the district’s teacher training and evaluation system. The changes will take begin this fall. (WaPo, 2/10)
THIS WEEK IN HOUSING
– A growing number of residents in the area are finding housing to be so expensive that they’re considering a move to the Baltimore area – even with long commuting times into the District for work. (WAMU, 2/9) Audio
THIS WEEK IN THE ARTS
– You can take a sneak peek inside the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture.
– Renwick Gallery has reopened to a big audience and even bigger digital success. (Washingtonian, 2/5)
WRAG’S COMMUNITY CALENDAR
Click the image below to access WRAG’S Community Calendar. To have your event included, please send basic information including event title, date/time, location, a brief description of the event, and a link for further details to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calendar won’t display? Click here.
A simple guide to Valentine’s Day chocolate-buying.