June 23, 2016 / Ciara Myers, Editor

Watch Putting Racism on the Table | The Racial Mosaic of America, featuring Manuel Pastor

PUTTING RACISM ON THE TABLE/WRAG
The latest video in the Putting Racism on the Table series is now live! The video features Dr. Manuel Pastor, Professor, Sociology and American Studies & Ethnicity at the University of Southern California, on the experiences of non-black racial minorities in the United States. After you’ve had a chance to view the video, we encourage you to share your thoughts via Twitter with the hashtag #PuttingRacismOnTheTable, or by commenting on WRAG’s Facebook page. We also suggest checking out the viewing guide and discussion guide to be used with the video. Both are available on our website.

CSR/COMMUNITY | Congratulations to PwC for taking home the Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year (Large Business) award at the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce’s 2016 Outstanding Corporate Citizenship Awards!

HOMELESSNESS/REGION
– In Fairfax County, officials are working to build a more supportive community for the homeless and mend strained relationships with the opening of a new center. (WaPo, 6/22)

– Will D.C. General Stay Open Until 2020? Council Says Later Estimate Lacks ‘Credibility’ (WCP, 6/22)

WORKFORCE/DISTRICT | A new proposal before the D.C. Council aims to further protect low-wage retail workers from “just-in-time” scheduling practices. (WCP, 6/23)

Would you (or did you already) buy any of these strange products for your pet?