June 23, 2016 / Ciara Myers, Editor

Watch Putting Racism on the Table | The Racial Mosaic of America, featuring Manuel Pastor

The latest video in the Putting Racism on the Table series is now live! The video features Dr. Manuel Pastor, Professor, Sociology and American Studies & Ethnicity at the University of Southern California, on the experiences of non-black racial minorities in the United States. After you’ve had a chance to view the video, we encourage you to share your thoughts via Twitter with the hashtag #PuttingRacismOnTheTable, or by commenting on WRAG’s Facebook page. We also suggest checking out the viewing guide and discussion guide to be used with the video. Both are available on our website.

CSR/COMMUNITY | Congratulations to PwC for taking home the Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year (Large Business) award at the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce’s 2016 Outstanding Corporate Citizenship Awards!

– In Fairfax County, officials are working to build a more supportive community for the homeless and mend strained relationships with the opening of a new center. (WaPo, 6/22)

– Will D.C. General Stay Open Until 2020? Council Says Later Estimate Lacks ‘Credibility’ (WCP, 6/22)

WORKFORCE/DISTRICT | A new proposal before the D.C. Council aims to further protect low-wage retail workers from “just-in-time” scheduling practices. (WCP, 6/23)

Would you (or did you already) buy any of these strange products for your pet?