September 13, 2017 / Kendra Allen, Editor

Join us for WRAG’s 2017 Annual Meeting: Power Reframed | Wednesday, November 8

WRAG | Join us on November 8th for WRAG’s 2017 Annual Meeting, Power Reframed, at MGM National Harbor! WRAG members will hear from Richard Rothstein, housing policy expert and author of The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America.

The luncheon, which is open to the community, will feature Eric Liu, founder and CEO of Citizen University and author of You’re More Powerful Than You Think: A Citizen’s Guide to Making Change Happen. Click here to register.

INCOME INEQUALITY | Census data released yesterday show an improved economy, but at the same time provide a grim picture of the nation’s income inequality. (Atlantic, 9/12)

HEALTH | Today, the House is expected to pass a measure to prevent DC from funding the Reproductive Health Non-Discrimination Amendment Act. (WaPo, 9/12)

EDUCATION | According to a new report, Montgomery County’s high school system should redesign its career and technology programs. (WaPo, 9/12)

Related: Funders, join us on December 1 for the final program in WRAG’s 2017 Public Education Learning Series: “Ensuring All Students Graduate College AND Career Ready.” Register here

LGBTQ RIGHTSEdith Windsor, LGBTQ Advocate Who Fought The Defense Of Marriage Act, Dies At 88 (NPR, 9/12)

ANTI-SEMITISM | Montgomery County residents have found anti-Semitic fliers that promote what police describe as “white national propaganda.” (Bethesda Beat, 9/12)

HOUSING | This organization wants to bring an independent living community for adults 62 and older to Tysons. (WaPo, 9/13)

PUBLIC SAFETYPolice: New Apple technology will delay justice in DC area (WTOP, 9/13)

Keep rolling over the circles to find the koala bear.